For anyone who is facing a mountain of debt after they graduate check out this amazing idea:
"SponsorChange has created a mutually-beneficial initiative that provides people power for high-impact non-profits in need, while simultaneously helping to relieve students of their ever-impending debt."
check out this link for more info —->
THANK YOU GOD
SWEET MOTHER OF FUCK MY LIFE IS SAVED HOLY SHIT ON A CRACKER FUCK ME SIDEWAYS
or all of my college friends!
Just a couple Cecils I’ve doodled over the summer and somehow never uploaded? Tacky flower prints and jelly bracelets are the way to go, and one day I will learn how to do tinted glasses right. Also a Carlos, because the color references came as a pair (also a crappy color attempt at my Carlos’ Lichtenberg scar).
Why do you have a #Thundercats tattoo? Because. (at Mutiny Tattoo Studio)
I think one thing you can do to help your friends who are depressed is to reach out to them not in the spirit of helping, but in the spirit of liking them and wanting their company. “I’m here to help if you ever need me” is good to know, but hard to act on, especially when you’re in a dark place. Specific, ongoing, pleasure-based invitations are much easier to absorb. “I’m here. Let’s go to the movies. Or stay in and order takeout and watch some dumb TV.” “I’m having a party, it would be really great if you could come for a little while.” Ask them for help with things you know they are good at and like doing, so there is reciprocity and a way for them to contribute. “Will you come over Sunday and help me clear my closet of unfashionable and unflattering items? I trust your eye.” “Will you read this story I wrote and help me fix the dialogue?” “Want to make dinner together? You chop, I’ll assemble.” “I am going glasses shopping and I need another set of eyes.” Remind yourself why you like this person, and in the process, remind them that they are likable and worth your time and interest.
Talk to the parts of the person that aren’t being eaten by the depression. Make it as easy as possible to make and keep plans, if you have the emotional resources to be the initiator and to meet your friends a little more than halfway. If the person turns down a bunch of invitations in a row because (presumably) they don’t have the energy to be social, respect their autonomy by giving it a month or two and then try again. Keep the invitations simple; “Any chance we could have breakfast Saturday?” > “ARE YOU AVOIDING ME BECAUSE YOU’RE DEPRESSED OR BECAUSE YOU HATE ME I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU.” “I miss you and I want to see you” > “I’m worried about you.” A depressed person is going to have a shame spiral about how their shame is making them avoid you and how that’s giving them more shame, which is making them avoid you no matter what you do. No need for you to call attention to it. Just keep asking. “I want to see you” “Let’s do this thing.” “If you are feeling low, I understand, and I don’t want to impose on you, but I miss your face. Please come have coffee with me.” “Apology accepted. ApologIES accepted. So. Gelato and Outlander?”
P.S. A lot of people with depression and other mental illnesses have trouble making decisions or choosing from a bunch of different options. “Wanna get dinner at that pizza place on Tuesday night?” is a LOT easier to answer than “So wanna hang out sometime? What do you want to do?”
i appreciate this, but also this is so hard when you and most of your friends are all mentally ill
40 Questions - Meme for Shippers
- Talk about the first ship you ever had.
- Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
- What’s your current OTP?
- What’s your current NOTP?
- Do you have any poly ships?
- How do you feel about love triangles?
- How do you feel about RPF?
- Have you ever shipped yourself with a character?
- Do you have many ships that never got together at all?
- Do you ship any characters that have never met?
- Talk about your favorite first kiss.
- Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?
- Has a ship ever broken your heart?
- How do you feel about will they/won’t they?
- Have you ever “shipped at first sight”?
- Talk about a ship you initially disliked.
- Talk about a pairing you’ve stopped shipping romantically.
- Talk about a moment which made you question an entire ship.
- Have you ever shipped something despite yourself?
- Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
- Is there a ship you just don’t get, but have nothing against?
- Which of your ships have the best chemistry?
- Which of your ships deserve better writing?
- Do you mostly ship canon pairings?
- Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
- Have you noticed a pattern in your shipping? Is there a romantic dynamic you’re more drawn to?
- Is there a ship you’ve shipped for most of your life?
- Does shipping come easily to you?
- Do you need to ship something to really enjoy a movie/book/tv show/comic?
- Name a couple of fandoms in which you have no ships.
- Talk about one of your favorite headcanons for a ship you love.
- Share five must-read fics.
- Name your favorite fanartist(s).
- Share your favorite fanmix for your OTP.
- Recommend 1-5 shipper blogs.
- Do you create fanmixes/gif sets/fanart/fic/fanvids and so on for you ships?
- Do you have a favorite trope and/or AU for your OTP?
- Do you like and use ship names?
- Is there a fictional relationship you’d really want for yourself?
- If you could change one thing about your OTP, what would that be?
Yes, I’m attracted to men, women, and nonbinary people
No, I’m not pansexual
Yes, I’m still bisexual
Bi =/= two
Bi =/= binary
Um, you can call yourself what you like, but bi does mean two. You never saw a four-wheeled bicycle.
Um, it’s weird how definitions change to fit different societies and contexts, like asexuals not actually being able to reproduce by themselves.
This is not saying bi never has and never meant two in the history of language, this is saying that people who say they are bisexual are not strictly attracted to people on our culture’s mistake of a gender binary.
Nah, man. “A” = “against, not” “sexual” = “understood to mean sexual orientation” = not sexually oriented.
Bi = two. Unlike what OP says. You can say that the definition of bisexuality is “attracted to same and other genders.” That’s fine. Words change. But you can’t say “bi” doesn’t equal “two.” It does.
There seems to be an agreement on the main thesis of the post, though, namely that bisexual does not necessarily mean/correlate exclusively to the gender binary. I’ve been told that I am binarist/transphobic against myself for identifying as bisexual, so it’s a frustrating sentiment to try and combat.
Also something tells me there’s a lot of debate around the different connotations of bi vs pan in these notes. And connotations, while not strictly in the dictionary definitions of things, are part of what make language super cool, and kind of what’s being talked around here. Don’t erase etymology/root words, but don’t think that’s all there is to the meaning of a word either. Bi is still two, but the question is two what? Not necessarily two genders (though that is a valid way to identify), but in this case two categories of gender, ‘same’ and ‘different’ - only ‘different’ is perhaps a broader category than one might think.
GIVE ME A CHARACTER;
and I’ll break their ass down:
- How I feel about this character
- All the people I ship romantically with this character
- My non-romantic OTP for this character
- My unpopular opinion about this character
- One thing I wish would happen / had happened with this character in canon.
What you can win:
•An entire custom cosplay!!!
Seriously you can have any cosplay you want! (Unless it’s like 99% robotic because sorry but no)
• Like/Reblog by 08/28/2014
• You gotta be following me! (Also wow thank you all for getting me to 14k ily all ♥)
• You must have your ask box open!!
• I’ll ship anywhere!!
• You must be comfortable with giving me your address.
• You can Like/Reblog as much as you want!
• The winner will be chosen randomly!!
• If u follow me on Instagram @abstractava I will give u a kiss on the cheek!
☆psssst and if you inbox me and we become friends you get something rad too aka my friendship!☆
Okay that is all!! Good luck!!
From the film World’s Greatest Dad. RIP Robin Williams.
I feel like this one is the worst memorial post on my entire dash.
Jesus, Robin, why couldn’t you listen to your own self?
When you’re in the throes of a suicidal tailspin where you’ve no light and no energy and everything is insurmountable and has seemed that way forever, that old chestnut about “a permanent solution to a temporary problem” can sound like just about the most profoundly unhelpful, insensitive, tone-deaf bullshit you ever heard.
The reaching-out part is more complicated, but that’s my guess for the other.
So I remembered today that Hans wasn’t the first character to pull this shit.